Zippo makes its 500 millionth lighter in the USA
The iconic Zippo Lighter is proudly made in USA-- in Bradford, Pennsylvania. Since 1937, the company has been manufacturing top-of-the-line lighters backed with an all-purpose guarantee of "Always works—or we fix it."
As Fox News reports, the company just passed a new milestone-- 500 million lighters made in the U.S.
Unfortunately, counterfeit Zippo lighters from China are coming back to the company in need of repair.
Zippo manufactures 12 million lighters a year, but it's estimated that Chinese factories manufacture 12 million counterfeits annually. These cheap knockoffs do not have Zippo's famous durability, and the company finds itself being asked to repair them.
Counterfeiting and piracy are rampant in China, and pose unfair challenges for quality U.S. manufacturers. Read more about the battle that Zippo faces.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Public and Private Sectors Come Together to Promote Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 09/09/2014
- Berry Could Be a Big Win for American Shoemakers • by mmcmullan • 09/08/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Green Bay v. Seattle: Both Cities Victors in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014