Zippo makes its 500 millionth lighter in the USA
The iconic Zippo Lighter is proudly made in USA-- in Bradford, Pennsylvania. Since 1937, the company has been manufacturing top-of-the-line lighters backed with an all-purpose guarantee of "Always works—or we fix it."
As Fox News reports, the company just passed a new milestone-- 500 million lighters made in the U.S.
Unfortunately, counterfeit Zippo lighters from China are coming back to the company in need of repair.
Zippo manufactures 12 million lighters a year, but it's estimated that Chinese factories manufacture 12 million counterfeits annually. These cheap knockoffs do not have Zippo's famous durability, and the company finds itself being asked to repair them.
Counterfeiting and piracy are rampant in China, and pose unfair challenges for quality U.S. manufacturers. Read more about the battle that Zippo faces.
Related recent Blogs
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014