September 9, 2011 Headlines: Obama's Jobs Plan, Green Jobs in MS, Gary Locke in China, and More
NYT: Coverage of President Obama’s jobs speech last night. (Text here).
Politico: Moody’s estimates that if fully enacted, Obama’s jobs plan would add 1.9 million jobs and increase economic growth by 2%.
NYT: David Brooks and Paul Krugman agree on the need for serious jobs action.
538: People want jobs, but not “stimulus” or “spending.”
AP: China’s auto sales increase 4% in august, a troubling sign for the world’s biggest car market.
AP: U.S. Ambassador to China Gary Locke tells the Chinese Government that a strong U.S. economy is in their best interest.
WaPo: Ezra Klein on job openings vs. new hires.
NYT: Mississippi is bringing green manufacturing jobs to the magnolia state.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014