Scott Paul in POLITICO: "Deep dissatisfaction" with China's policies and U.S. government's "tepid" response.
Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping, expected to be China’s next president, arrives in Washington today.
In a new op-ed in POLITICO, Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul says the Obama administration and international business community are "ready to go out of their way to make sure his visit is free of public controversy."
However, Paul wants Xi to know that the American public is greatly unhappy with China's predatory trade policies.
And there is also deep voter unrest about the U.S. government’s "tepid response" to Beijing's actions.
“[W]e must… hold [China] to account for its currency manipulation, mercantilism and gross violations of trade obligations that are robbing us of jobs and wealth."
In his op-ed, Paul urged President Obama to hold China accountable for its currency manipulation, mercantilism, and gross violations of trade obligations:
Today, we are in a serious race with China over supercomputing, innovation and anti-satellite weapons technology. China is not merely the key U.S. supplier of cheap toys, clothing and electronics: Its government is also one of our foreign financiers. China achieved this status by defying the free market and its international obligations toward more open trade and investment.
Related recent Blogs
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013