President Obama’s SOTU preview: “I'm going to lay out a blueprint for an American economy that's built to last”
In a video previewing tomorrow’s State of the Union address (embedded below), President Obama says he will “lay out a blueprint for an American economy that's built to last”, that will include an emphasis on improving American manufacturing:
"On Tuesday night, I'm going to talk about how we'll get there. American Manufacturing - with more good jobs and more products stamped with Made in America. American Energy - fueled by homegrown and alternative energy sources. Skills for American Workers - getting people the education and training they need so they're ready to take on the jobs of today and tomorrow. And most importantly, a Return to American Values - of fairness for all, and responsibility from all."
We’re glad that the president is already promoting the manufacturing component of his State of the Union speech, and we hope that he'll incorporate some of the steps that could be taken immediately to improve our industrial base outlined in the letter Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul sent him last week.
And as Paul said in a recent Huffington Post op-ed, now is the ideal time for the president to promote manufacturing: "If the president really wants to see “Made in America” stamped on products shipped all over the world, he needs to be bold. We’ll be watching. And so will voters.”
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Public and Private Sectors Come Together to Promote Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 09/09/2014
- Berry Could Be a Big Win for American Shoemakers • by mmcmullan • 09/08/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Green Bay v. Seattle: Both Cities Victors in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014