President Obama’s SOTU preview: “I'm going to lay out a blueprint for an American economy that's built to last”
In a video previewing tomorrow’s State of the Union address (embedded below), President Obama says he will “lay out a blueprint for an American economy that's built to last”, that will include an emphasis on improving American manufacturing:
"On Tuesday night, I'm going to talk about how we'll get there. American Manufacturing - with more good jobs and more products stamped with Made in America. American Energy - fueled by homegrown and alternative energy sources. Skills for American Workers - getting people the education and training they need so they're ready to take on the jobs of today and tomorrow. And most importantly, a Return to American Values - of fairness for all, and responsibility from all."
We’re glad that the president is already promoting the manufacturing component of his State of the Union speech, and we hope that he'll incorporate some of the steps that could be taken immediately to improve our industrial base outlined in the letter Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul sent him last week.
And as Paul said in a recent Huffington Post op-ed, now is the ideal time for the president to promote manufacturing: "If the president really wants to see “Made in America” stamped on products shipped all over the world, he needs to be bold. We’ll be watching. And so will voters.”
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013