October 24, 2011 Headlines: U.S. in Decline, GDP Below Potential, China Subsidies, and More
The Hill: 69% of voters see the United States in decline.
ABC News: AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka and U.S. Chamber of Commerce President Tom Donohue were on This Week with Christiane Amanpour to talk jobs.
FOX Business: China’s manufacturing sector was up in October.
WSJ: Since the Chinese government isn’t cracking down, more lawsuits are coming for pirated software.
Yglesias: Is it wrong for China to subsidize solar panel production? Yes, it is.
WSJ: Economists are predicting small growth for 2011.
Reuters: What would happen if China crashed?
WSJ: Our current GDP is 6.7% below the potential.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014