October 21, 2011 Headlines: Federal Loans for Outsourcing, Senate Blocks Jobs Bill, and More
ABC: An electric car company took a $529 million federal loan, and is building the cars in Finland.
The Hill: Last night the Senate blocked another jobs bill.
Bloomberg: Scranton, PA has been hit hard by the Great Recession, and people aren’t happy with the lack of action on jobs.
AP: People are losing confidence in Obama’s ability to deliver on the economy.
Bloomberg: More on the SolarWorld trade case against China.
AP: Toyota’s factory in Thailand is suspending production, thanks to supply chain problems.
WSJ: Where will the job growth be?
AP: The Cleveland Fed sees a slight recovery, but long-term unemployment still persists.
WSJ: Analysis of the recent trade deals passed by Congress.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014