October 21, 2011 Headlines: Federal Loans for Outsourcing, Senate Blocks Jobs Bill, and More
ABC: An electric car company took a $529 million federal loan, and is building the cars in Finland.
The Hill: Last night the Senate blocked another jobs bill.
Bloomberg: Scranton, PA has been hit hard by the Great Recession, and people aren’t happy with the lack of action on jobs.
AP: People are losing confidence in Obama’s ability to deliver on the economy.
Bloomberg: More on the SolarWorld trade case against China.
AP: Toyota’s factory in Thailand is suspending production, thanks to supply chain problems.
WSJ: Where will the job growth be?
AP: The Cleveland Fed sees a slight recovery, but long-term unemployment still persists.
WSJ: Analysis of the recent trade deals passed by Congress.
Related recent Blogs
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- July 14, 2014: Commerce gets its OCTG ruling RIGHT! • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014
- Cleveland Rocks — And So Does This Clothing Manufacturer • by elizabethbb • 07/11/2014