October 21, 2011 Headlines: Federal Loans for Outsourcing, Senate Blocks Jobs Bill, and More
ABC: An electric car company took a $529 million federal loan, and is building the cars in Finland.
The Hill: Last night the Senate blocked another jobs bill.
Bloomberg: Scranton, PA has been hit hard by the Great Recession, and people aren’t happy with the lack of action on jobs.
AP: People are losing confidence in Obama’s ability to deliver on the economy.
Bloomberg: More on the SolarWorld trade case against China.
AP: Toyota’s factory in Thailand is suspending production, thanks to supply chain problems.
WSJ: Where will the job growth be?
AP: The Cleveland Fed sees a slight recovery, but long-term unemployment still persists.
WSJ: Analysis of the recent trade deals passed by Congress.
Related recent Blogs
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014