October 13, 2011 Headlines: Trade Deals Pass Congress, Reactions from China, China's High-Speed Rail, and More
NYT: Congress cleared three trade deals last night: Korea, Panama, Colombia.
Bloomberg: U.S. Trade Deficit stays near the four-month low of $45.8 billion ($45,800,000,000).
WSJ: How will China react to the currency bill?
WSJ: Is the Yuan exchange rate giving us hidden messages?
Time: Is the only way to get China to act by moving in secret? Can we no longer pass laws that the Chinese know about?
WSJ: Reactions to China’s shrinking trade surplus.
Infrastructurist: What does China’s high-speed rail say about the nation’s character?
WSJ: More reactions to Mitt Romney’s tough China stance in Tuesday’s debate.
Yglesias: Does Mitt Romney have a secret plan to fix the economy?
WSJ: There are now 4.6 unemployed people per job opening.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013