Mellman: Outsourcing is "the biggest sin in business."
Mark Mellman, one half of the polling team behind the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) new national poll, writes in a piece for The Hill, that outsourcing is “the biggest sin in business.”
Mellman cites findings from AAM's poll:
Our survey this year for AAM found the single largest number of voters saying that ending government support for firms moving jobs overseas was “one of the most effective” actions Washington could take to create jobs and improve our economy, ranking far above tax cuts for either the middle class or business.
He also mentions the wide range of support for keeping jobs in the United States, as well as creating new jobs, when wondering whether or not the Senate will pass a bill intended to curb outsourcing.
The Senate will soon be debating a bill that would provide an incentive to companies for every job they bring back to the country from abroad. Eighty-five percent of voters overall, along with an identical 85 percent of Republicans, support this bill.
Will congressional Republicans join their constituents, or thumb their noses at American jobs and at the American people?
To read more about AAM's poll, click here.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013