May 19, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Coming Back, Made in America at Notre Dame, Mike Coffman on Rare Earths, and More
HuffPo: Six emerging economies will account for over half of world economic growth by 2025. Will this end the dominance of the U.S. Dollar?
WE: Jobs that were once shipped to China are now moving back to Kansas.
WSJ: Can you search for pro-democracy websites in China? Apparently not.
Bloomberg: The Fighting Irish are also fighting for American jobs. Nothing in their bookstore is made in China.
OW: Yamaha will begin building its ATVs in Newman, GA.
CNN: It turns out that instead of cutting production costs, worker training is a better way to build our manufacturing economy.
WSJ: According to China, the U.S. is overstating the threat China poses.
WaPo: The WTO has ruled that Airbus receives excessive subsidies from the E.U., giving them an unnatural edge of Boeing.
NYT: This year’s college graduates face a bleak job market, and with piling debt, are severely underemployed.
WSJ: GM is increasing the production of the Chevy Volt, an all-electric car. The best part: They’ll be built in Michigan.
Reuters: Will the U.S. gain greater transparency into Chinese companies?
WSJ: Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO) wants to know where the rare-earth elements are, and how the U.S. can access these vital components.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014