May 19, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Coming Back, Made in America at Notre Dame, Mike Coffman on Rare Earths, and More
HuffPo: Six emerging economies will account for over half of world economic growth by 2025. Will this end the dominance of the U.S. Dollar?
WE: Jobs that were once shipped to China are now moving back to Kansas.
WSJ: Can you search for pro-democracy websites in China? Apparently not.
Bloomberg: The Fighting Irish are also fighting for American jobs. Nothing in their bookstore is made in China.
OW: Yamaha will begin building its ATVs in Newman, GA.
CNN: It turns out that instead of cutting production costs, worker training is a better way to build our manufacturing economy.
WSJ: According to China, the U.S. is overstating the threat China poses.
WaPo: The WTO has ruled that Airbus receives excessive subsidies from the E.U., giving them an unnatural edge of Boeing.
NYT: This year’s college graduates face a bleak job market, and with piling debt, are severely underemployed.
WSJ: GM is increasing the production of the Chevy Volt, an all-electric car. The best part: They’ll be built in Michigan.
Reuters: Will the U.S. gain greater transparency into Chinese companies?
WSJ: Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO) wants to know where the rare-earth elements are, and how the U.S. can access these vital components.
Related recent Blogs
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014