May 14, 2012 Headlines: China Currency Manipulation, Aircraft Made in China, Unemployment Claims Down, and More
NYT: Aircraft makers are now expanding into China.
Reuters: Ford expands production in China.
WSJ: Economists still see the yuan as severely undervalued.
MSNBC: Mitt Romney says that we’re “on the verge of a manufacturing renaissance”.
WSJ: China’s investment in a military-industrial base is about to produce their first mass domestic-produced jet engine.
The Hill: Export-Import Bank legislation is on the Senate’s docket this week.
WSJ: Exports are up, which is a good sign for the economy as a whole.
The Atlantic: Singapore’s economic success comes from a strong manufacturing policy.
The Hill: Lawmakers have no comments on a Chinese bank taking over 13 banks in New York and California.
WSJ: Unemployment claims continue to fall.
NYT: Asian demand is driving the rise in business jet sales.
Related recent Blogs
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014