May 14, 2012 Headlines: China Currency Manipulation, Aircraft Made in China, Unemployment Claims Down, and More
NYT: Aircraft makers are now expanding into China.
Reuters: Ford expands production in China.
WSJ: Economists still see the yuan as severely undervalued.
MSNBC: Mitt Romney says that we’re “on the verge of a manufacturing renaissance”.
WSJ: China’s investment in a military-industrial base is about to produce their first mass domestic-produced jet engine.
The Hill: Export-Import Bank legislation is on the Senate’s docket this week.
WSJ: Exports are up, which is a good sign for the economy as a whole.
The Atlantic: Singapore’s economic success comes from a strong manufacturing policy.
The Hill: Lawmakers have no comments on a Chinese bank taking over 13 banks in New York and California.
WSJ: Unemployment claims continue to fall.
NYT: Asian demand is driving the rise in business jet sales.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014