Luxury European Auto Brands Find U.S. Manufacturing Appealing
Chrysler's "Imported from Detroit" Super Bowl ad with Eminem wasn't the only auto ad that honed in on American manufacturing.
Surprisingly, European luxury brand, BMW, is now priding itself on its commitment to U.S. manufacturing.
Despite the fact that BMW is a German company, their interest in producing their high-ticket vehicles in America, speaks volumes of their confidence in the American manufacturing industry.
According to Greenville Online, BMW of North America's VP of marketing Dan Creed said the following about BMW's decision to continue to invest in U.S. manufacturing:
Even in the depths of the recession, BMW continued to invest in America, and as the global benchmark for clean diesel technology, we're challenging stereotypes to show our advanced diesels are part of the future.
The BMW spot aired during the Super Bowl highlighted the new clean diesel X3 which will be made in America at a South Carolina plant that will also be producing the X5 and X6 vehicles.
Watch the spot, entitled "Changes" (we sure hope so!) below and read more here.
Related recent Blogs
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014