Luxury European Auto Brands Find U.S. Manufacturing Appealing
Chrysler's "Imported from Detroit" Super Bowl ad with Eminem wasn't the only auto ad that honed in on American manufacturing.
Surprisingly, European luxury brand, BMW, is now priding itself on its commitment to U.S. manufacturing.
Despite the fact that BMW is a German company, their interest in producing their high-ticket vehicles in America, speaks volumes of their confidence in the American manufacturing industry.
According to Greenville Online, BMW of North America's VP of marketing Dan Creed said the following about BMW's decision to continue to invest in U.S. manufacturing:
Even in the depths of the recession, BMW continued to invest in America, and as the global benchmark for clean diesel technology, we're challenging stereotypes to show our advanced diesels are part of the future.
The BMW spot aired during the Super Bowl highlighted the new clean diesel X3 which will be made in America at a South Carolina plant that will also be producing the X5 and X6 vehicles.
Watch the spot, entitled "Changes" (we sure hope so!) below and read more here.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013