June 13, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Talk (Where's the Action?), Students Prefer Manufacturing, China Poisons Children, and More
WaPo: EJ Dionne says few job creating plans get bipartisan support. (He should read our plan.)
WSJ: Jobs and politics hit the front page of the Wall Street Journal over the weekend.
The President speaks in North Carolina today. The topic: jobs (The Hill). Senate Democrats say the President needs to do more (The Hill).
WSJ: The head of the President’s jobs council lays out a strategy. Barely a mention of manufacturing from one of America’s leading outsourcers.
Politico: Show me the (green) jobs.
WaPo: Steve Pearlstein says globalization and imports are skewing key data on the economy. We agree.
NYP: Made in NYC?
Bloomberg: Dr. Doom called the first recession. Is he right about an ominous “perfect storm” brewing in the near future?
Zero Hedge: Is QE2 primarily benefiting foreign banks?
India Vision New manufacturing policy to support 100 million jobs. In India. They have a manufacturing policy, we don’t.
Reuters: Lead pollution in China poisons 103 children near a tinfoil factory.
WaPo: Larry Summers: How to Avoid a Lost Decade. (Could have started with a bigger recovery package, which you opposed…)
WSJ: Harvard Business School is graduating more students with manufacturing as an interest, and fewer with financial services. That’s progress.
Related recent Blogs
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014