June 13, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Talk (Where's the Action?), Students Prefer Manufacturing, China Poisons Children, and More
WaPo: EJ Dionne says few job creating plans get bipartisan support. (He should read our plan.)
WSJ: Jobs and politics hit the front page of the Wall Street Journal over the weekend.
The President speaks in North Carolina today. The topic: jobs (The Hill). Senate Democrats say the President needs to do more (The Hill).
WSJ: The head of the President’s jobs council lays out a strategy. Barely a mention of manufacturing from one of America’s leading outsourcers.
Politico: Show me the (green) jobs.
WaPo: Steve Pearlstein says globalization and imports are skewing key data on the economy. We agree.
NYP: Made in NYC?
Bloomberg: Dr. Doom called the first recession. Is he right about an ominous “perfect storm” brewing in the near future?
Zero Hedge: Is QE2 primarily benefiting foreign banks?
India Vision New manufacturing policy to support 100 million jobs. In India. They have a manufacturing policy, we don’t.
Reuters: Lead pollution in China poisons 103 children near a tinfoil factory.
WaPo: Larry Summers: How to Avoid a Lost Decade. (Could have started with a bigger recovery package, which you opposed…)
WSJ: Harvard Business School is graduating more students with manufacturing as an interest, and fewer with financial services. That’s progress.
Related recent Blogs
- Manufacturing sector adds 28,000 jobs in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 08/01/2014
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014