June 13, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Talk (Where's the Action?), Students Prefer Manufacturing, China Poisons Children, and More
WaPo: EJ Dionne says few job creating plans get bipartisan support. (He should read our plan.)
WSJ: Jobs and politics hit the front page of the Wall Street Journal over the weekend.
The President speaks in North Carolina today. The topic: jobs (The Hill). Senate Democrats say the President needs to do more (The Hill).
WSJ: The head of the President’s jobs council lays out a strategy. Barely a mention of manufacturing from one of America’s leading outsourcers.
Politico: Show me the (green) jobs.
WaPo: Steve Pearlstein says globalization and imports are skewing key data on the economy. We agree.
NYP: Made in NYC?
Bloomberg: Dr. Doom called the first recession. Is he right about an ominous “perfect storm” brewing in the near future?
Zero Hedge: Is QE2 primarily benefiting foreign banks?
India Vision New manufacturing policy to support 100 million jobs. In India. They have a manufacturing policy, we don’t.
Reuters: Lead pollution in China poisons 103 children near a tinfoil factory.
WaPo: Larry Summers: How to Avoid a Lost Decade. (Could have started with a bigger recovery package, which you opposed…)
WSJ: Harvard Business School is graduating more students with manufacturing as an interest, and fewer with financial services. That’s progress.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014