July 20, 2011 Headlines: China Currency and U.S. Debt, Another Foxconn "Suicide," and More
NYT: How do you run for re-election in a weak economy?
The Hill: The Ways and Means Committee will look at the Value-Added Tax, as part of a plan to tax consumption, not income.
WSJ: China will begin looking for mineral wealth below the sea floor.
What does the potential downgrading of U.S. debt do to China and their currency manipulation? (USAT) As this article puts it, “An undervalued Yuan is the glue that powers the world’s No. 2 economy” (Bloomberg). Meanwhile, China could potentially change the exchange rate again (Bloomberg) and they’re urging the U.S. to solidify confidence in its debt (Reuters).
Bloomberg: Mitt Romney: job creator or job cutter?
Reuters: Another Foxconn worker supposedly “falls to death” at a plant in southern China.
R&D Magazine: Whistling while you work in Dearborn, MI.
MSNBC: China’s fake Apple Store.
Naked Capitalism: China’s mercantilist economy drives up the trade surpluses of so-called “debtor” nations.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013