January 23, 2011 Headlines: Positive Jobs Trends, China's Pollution, Making iPhones, and More
Time: How permanent is the recent positive trend for manufacturing jobs?
NYT: What it would take to make the iPhone in America.
Yglesias: Why don’t we let the workers come here to build iPhones?
Politico: The House GOP wants to present a united front on Jobs in 2012. Will it be followed with serious action?
WSJ: China looks to expand their blue water naval capacity.
EE: Why Mitt Romney isn’t a Rockefeller, Carnegie, or Vanderbilt.
WSJ: More (but small) positive signs for the economy.
The Hill: Previewing the State of the Union, tax reform will not feature prominently.
WSJ: Comparing the official Beijing pollution data to measurements at the U.S. Embassy.
Related recent Blogs
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- July 14, 2014: Commerce gets its OCTG ruling RIGHT! • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014
- Cleveland Rocks — And So Does This Clothing Manufacturer • by elizabethbb • 07/11/2014