January 23, 2011 Headlines: Positive Jobs Trends, China's Pollution, Making iPhones, and More
Time: How permanent is the recent positive trend for manufacturing jobs?
NYT: What it would take to make the iPhone in America.
Yglesias: Why don’t we let the workers come here to build iPhones?
Politico: The House GOP wants to present a united front on Jobs in 2012. Will it be followed with serious action?
WSJ: China looks to expand their blue water naval capacity.
EE: Why Mitt Romney isn’t a Rockefeller, Carnegie, or Vanderbilt.
WSJ: More (but small) positive signs for the economy.
The Hill: Previewing the State of the Union, tax reform will not feature prominently.
WSJ: Comparing the official Beijing pollution data to measurements at the U.S. Embassy.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014