April 19, 2012 Headlines: Reactions to China's Currency Move, Ford Expands in China, and More
WaPo: Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner says that China’s recent currency moves are “significant and promising.”
AP: The Beijing Auto Show is highlighting the increased standard of living in China. l
NYT: Ford is looking to build a new plant in China to expand factory production.
AP: Hopes of a stimulus effort in China drive up world stocks.
TIME: Manufacturing jobs take a large percentage of the top 10 fastest growing industries.
Related recent Blogs
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014