April 19, 2012 Headlines: Reactions to China's Currency Move, Ford Expands in China, and More
WaPo: Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner says that China’s recent currency moves are “significant and promising.”
AP: The Beijing Auto Show is highlighting the increased standard of living in China. l
NYT: Ford is looking to build a new plant in China to expand factory production.
AP: Hopes of a stimulus effort in China drive up world stocks.
TIME: Manufacturing jobs take a large percentage of the top 10 fastest growing industries.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013